Dependable Care you can rely on

TAC and Work Cover

Recovering from transport accidents or Workplace injuries can be challenging. Your recovery is the most important thing so you can continue moving forward in life.

Dependable Care DRPS is here to help you. As a registered service provider with the WorkSafe Victoria and Transport Accident Commission in Victoria, we can provide support if you are recovering from a severe injury or living with a disability due to a transport accident or Workplace injury, so you can gain functional independence and enjoy quality of life.

Our TAC & WorkSafe services include:

  • Post-acute care or attendant care support such as personal care, transferring in and out of bed, helping you move around your home after a stay in the hospital, and help with toileting and grooming.
  • TAC home services include housework, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, tidying your home, and preparing meals. Our carers will support you with tasks as you recover and provide appropriate support so you can take on tasks for yourself.
  • Supported accommodation in a safe and supportive environment. If you find it challenging to live independently without help, we’ll provide appropriate housing where you can recover well and have everything you need.
  • Disability support services that provide tailored support to help you build your skills, increase your capacity, engage with the community, and regain your independence.
  • Independent living aids and specialised equipment such as wheelchairs, bedrails, bathroom rails and non-slip mats, walking frames, hospital beds, and lift chairs.
  • Home modifications so you can live independently and safely in your home, such as installing handrails in the bathroom, an access ramp where needed, or other safety equipment to help you stay safe.
  • 24-hour care if you need round-the-clock support to help you stay safe during the recovery process, we will provide supervision from a care professional to ensure you stay safe.

Just so you know, you need current TAC (Claim Number) approval to receive our services.

Our multidisciplinary team

Regarding care and support, we are the ones you can depend on. Our locally based teams of support workers, carers, and health professionals are experienced and skilled at providing support to a quality standard, with compassion, dignity, and respect. We also have the expertise to meet special requirements, such as physical injury, brain injury, permanent disability, mental health injury, and rehabilitation services.

We work closely with your coordinator/ case manager, General Practitioner and Occupational Therapist to ensure you receive individualised support once you are discharged. We also take the time to understand your situation and your family’s schedule so that your care is precisely what you need.

The Transport Accident Commission supports people who are injured on Victoria’s roads. If you have been injured in a transport-related incident, you may be eligible for support from the TAC. This could include treatment services to help you recover or longer-term support if the injury you sustained is significant, permanent, and ongoing.

You can make a TAC claim if:

  • You, or someone you represent, was involved in an accident caused by the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram
  • You are a pedestrian or cyclist who was injured in an accident caused by the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, tram
  • Cyclists who collided with a stationary motor vehicle on or after 9 July 2014 are also covered

Every person’s needs are different. The TAC looks at each case individually when determining how much to pay. The support provided depends on your circumstances and may include:

  • Help with paying for medical treatment and rehabilitation needed for your injuries
  • Support services to support you while you recover, such as help with housework
  • Income support if you can’t work because of injuries sustained in your accident
  • Return to work support for you and your employer
  • A lump sum payment if you are eligible for compensation.

The TAC does not cover damage to your vehicle or services unrelated to your transport accident. As your needs change, the TAC continually reviews your services through an occupational therapist to ensure they are reasonable and reflect what you can and cannot d

Get in touch

Contact us

Drop us a line today and we will get back to you regarding your enquiry.
Or send us an email to
Dependable Care DRPS = Delivering Remarkable Participant Services